Emails are now increasingly used by a lot of users. The benefits that one can get from the email services include better communication, reliable and effective communication. One of the best webmail services are provided by a well-reputed Internet service provider, Time Warner cable is the roadrunner email services. A user can use his RR email login to use the roadrunner email services.
- The roadrunner email facilities are accessible to those, who are the users of the TWC services.
- Read the complete article for the correct IMAP settings of the roadrunner email.
- The IMAP settings allow the user to set up the roadrunner email on the various devices.
- A few of the roadrunner email problems can also occur due to incorrect roadrunner email settings.
- A major common problem is that the roadrunner email account is not synced properly with a particular device.
- So, the IMAP settings are required to be configured properly to sync the roadrunner email to a device.
A user can easily set the roadrunner IMAP settings on their devices. For the desktop, here is the correct configuration provided for the IMAP settings of the roadrunner email:
- Select on the account type: IMAP
- Enter the username, the email id used for the RR email login.
- Enter the RR email login password
- Enter the server hostname as mail.twc.com
- Enter the server port as 993
- Click on the SSL/ TLS settings as yes
How to set manually the IMAP settings of the roadrunner email on the android device?
- From the application screen, click on the icon of mail and provide your email id along with the password.
- Click on the manual setup
- Click on IMAP account
Configure the IMAP settings as follows:- IMAP Server: mail.twc.com
- Choose the type of Security as None
- The value of Port should be put up as 993 for IMAP
- Secure – In this, set the Port value as 993 and put the security type as SSL/TLS.
- Insecure – In this, set the Port value as 143 and put the Security Type as None.
- Now enter the SMTP settings for the SMTP mails the roadrunner and select on the next option
Set the configurations as:
- SMTP server: mail.twc.com.
- Security type – none
- The port is 587 for the outgoing SMTP.
- Set the further settings as Outgoing Server (SMTP) Secure – In this, set the value of Port as 465 and set the type of Security as SSL/TLS.
- Outgoing Secure SMTP Server (Roaming) – In this, set the value of Port as 587 and set the type of Security as SSL/TLS.
- Outgoing Server (SMTP) – In this, set the value of Port as 25 and set the type of Security as None.
- Outgoing Insecure SMTP Server (Roaming) – In this, set the value of Port to 587 and set the security type as None.
- Click on done and you have successfully configured the roadrunner email settings on the Android device.
How to set up manually the IMAP settings of the roadrunner email on the Apple iPhone?
- Click on the icon of settings on the screen.
- Click on the mail option
- Click on the accounts option
- Click on add account.
- From the menu, click on the other option.
- Click on the add mail account.
- Enter the name, email, and password that is used for the RR email login
- Click on next.
- Click on the IMAP and go to the option of an incoming mail server.
- Configure the settings:
- Incoming mail server – mail.twc.com
- Outgoing mail server – mail.twc.com.
- The user will receive a notification so that they can verify their server settings of incoming and outgoing emails. Click on the given option and click on the details, then click on trust.
- Click on save
- Select the newly created account.
- Click on the server option of SMTP.
- Check the settings of SMTP as provided:- Hostname of Outgoing mail server: mail.twc.com
- Enter the complete username that is used for the RR email login.
- Enter the roadrunner’s email password.
- Make sure that the SSL is ON and this can also be turned off. The user can check the right settings of port number as mentioned:- outgoing secure port- 465 and the security type as SSL/TLS
- Outgoing secure port – 587 and the security type SSL/TLS.
- Outgoing port – 25 and security type as none
- Outgoing insecure port – 587 and the security type as none
- For authentication, enter the password.
- Enter the server port – 587.
- Click on done.
And you have successfully set up the IMAP settings in the iPhone for the roadrunner email.
Incorrect IMAP settings could be responsible for the roadrunner email problems and that is why one needs to set them in the proper way as given above. If still a user faces some problem in setting the IMAP settings of the roadrunner email then, the user may contact the roadrunner customer support. The roadrunner customer support is available for 24 x 7 for the users all around the world to deliver the best in class services to roadrunner users. They can also try the roadrunner email password reset to make it work.